I love love love Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. While I’m loyal customer, I often like to experiment in my own kitchen at home. Don’t get me wrong the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks can be fairly healthy (Steamed Milk , Espresso and Pumpkin syrup topped with optional Whipped Cream and Pumpkin Spice) however I knew I could replicate the recipe with an even healthier twist.
• 2 cups non-dairy milk (I prefer Almond milk, but soy milk works well)
• 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
• 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or All Spice)
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Optional: Stevia or another sweetener to taste
• Optional: ½ tsp of instant coffee mixed with 4 tbsp. hot water
• Combine all ingredients except sweetener in blender.
• Blend at medium speed until smooth.
• If the sweetness is not to your liking, add sweetener to taste and blend until combined.
• Pour into a saucepan and heat, stirring at regular intervals, until steaming. Pour into two mugs and serve.
I thought this recipe was all too perfect… latte to wake up to. Why not add more pumpkin?