Cold and flu season has been hitting hard this year. Flu season peaks in February in the U.S., so now is the time to really focus your energy on staying healthy. I try to keep my immune systems in tip top shape, but sometimes our bodies need a little more. That’s where these natural immune boosters come in handy.
I’ve gathered a few tips for stopping that cold or flu as soon as you feel it coming on. Getting sick is unavoidable sometimes, so here are a few things you can do to speed up your recovery…
- Take a hot shower. Whether you’re coughing or sneezing, the steam from a hot shower or humidifier will loosen up the congestion in your head and chest.
- Drink up. As you probably know by now, staying hydrated is a key to feeling better.
- Get a good night’s sleep. It might seem obvious that getting enough sleep is important for staying healthy.
- Take a dose Vitamin C. Vitamin C is proven to shorten the duration of a cold or flu once it’s started.
- Gargle with salt water. If you have a sore throat, salt water will help ease the pain naturally.
- Eat immunity boosting foods.
- Essential Oil. Essential oils have been our radars for quite some time, so we were excited about this next immune booster. Eucalyptus oil fights colds, the flu, coughs and even bronchitis. This oil reduces mucus and works as a natural decongestant.
- Turmeric. This spice helps your body fight foreign invaders, making it a great immune booster. It is anti-inflammatory and has even been compared to aspirin.
- Raw Garlic. Raw garlic is a powerful germ fighter & can help guard your immune system from the pesky flu. Raw garlic boosts a disease-fighting response from your white blood cells when they encounter viruses like the common cold or flu.
Have you tried out any of these natural immune boosters?
Let me know if you have any other tips and tricks to staying healthy during flu season!
XX – Faduma